The helpdesk is the lifeline for all MSPs. It is vital in assisting the staff and end-users in multiple functions such as answering questions, troubleshooting issues, and maintaining productivity. If helpdesks get managed manually, problems get resolved much slower, resulting in unhappy employees and customers. By employing automation in helpdesk systems, MSPs can improve productivity and customer satisfaction. Helpdesks are commonly involved with several repetitive tasks, and RPA has a lot of potential in improving the functionality.
Challenges faced by an MSP Helpdesk
Currently, the demand for helpdesk services is increasing, and staffing and budgets are failing to match it, causing many issues that hurt employee morale and the end-user experience. It is essential to understand some main challenges, to tackle them early on. The primary hurdles are:
1. Ticket Routing: Manual management of helpdesks makes tracking technicians’ availability to resolve issues difficult. Hence, limitations such as doubling down on requests become common and hurt the business’s image. Above all, such confusion on the availability and the knowledge of every technician can delay the helpdesk’s entire process of responding and resolving tickets. RPA can rapidly fix such an issue using bots, and one of the top vendors is ElectroNeek offering automation at a level and price that has no match.
2. Tracking Users: In a manual system, tickets get addressed in person, where tracking the correct user to assist takes up most of the time. Hence, the time consumed by locating users leaves little time for issue resolution making the experience unsatisfactory.
3. Manual Closure of Tickets: The manual management of helpdesks includes the closure of support tickets. While the task looks simple enough, the trouble of accurately maintaining a static sheet of ticket closure information takes a large portion of time for admins. It can also result in more confusion and errors. RPA can speed this process up with precise accuracy without any manual intervention, which frees up the time for technicians to focus more on helping end-users solve their problems.
4. Helpdesk Performance and End Results: It is evident time is very important for any business. The amount of time taken to resolve a problem is critical. If an end-user is left stranded without a resolution, it sets a bad precedent for future productivity and can even cause loss of business in some cases. Hence, measuring performance and evaluating results is crucial, which, when done manually, takes too much time and causes inaccuracies making RPA essential for helpdesks.
In the end, if MSPs continue to depend on manual workflows to complete the helpdesk function, they risk missing out on:
- End-user satisfaction, trust, and confidence as direct assistance might have waited too much with no resolution given at the required time.
- Reducing repetitive tasks of administrators to focus more on direct assistance and productivity.
- More energy is left for learning and skill-building as technology keeps evolving.
- Improving market reputation by offering exceptional support.
Eventually, the inefficiencies caused by manually operated helpdesks become more expensive in the long run and can even tarnish your business’s well-established reputation.
How can RPA Assist Helpdesks?
Today’s end-users expect customized and personal service. Enterprises constantly strive to provide exceptional support making their helpdesk a top priority to ensure client satisfaction and reduce employee turnover. Such a demand gives rise to the need for RPA driven helpdesk to make it more quick, efficient, and without errors.
Using RPA for your helpdesk can offer a drastic advantage by raising productivity and cutting down operating costs. The essential growth and success of MSPs are in the hands of the helpdesk and support team. Here is where RPA is the right solution and below are the prime reasons why:
1. Quick Response Timings: The efficiency of a helpdesk depends on the speed of responses and resolution of problems. The more quickly the solution is delivered, the better customer satisfaction is. RPA and orchestration can achieve answers and resolutions in the shortest time by improving incident response times. For example, if a request gets received about a printer issue, the workflow automation will include; determining the type of issue, finding the right person to resolve it, and finally sending an automated response to the end-user.
Furthermore, RPA also allows users to send requests through email and the web, reducing the high intensity of calls coming into the helpdesk system and speeding up the process two-fold.
2. Providing Accurate Reporting: Automating helpdesk workflows provide more accurate statistics by eliminating human errors and inconsistencies of data entry. Additionally, RPA reduced the burden on managers regarding the manual tasks of collecting data and correcting mistakes.
By setting auto-routing rules, RPA can ensure every incident reported gets handled correctly and accurately. Hence, precise reports and stats can gauge the helpdesk’s performance and see where improvements are needed.
3.Better End-User Communications: The most annoying thing for end-users is the lack of communication. If helpdesk staff are too busy to resolve a request, it is often easy to neglect reports altogether. Hence, making RPA vital in standardizing communications and keeping the internal and external personnel in the loop with little to no effort from the staff. Automating call notifications and call resolution emails can ensure users get what is happening regarding their request resulting in managing expectations and better satisfaction.
4. Drastically Rising Productivity: With RPA, incidents get resolved faster and more efficiently, allowing users to return to work quickly. Hence, improving productivity drastically results in a better bottom line for MSPs.
5.Helpdesk Staff Satisfaction: Automating mundane activities of a helpdesk makes it easier for team members to focus more on challenging work. Hence increasing job satisfaction and, in the long run, reducing the expenses of a higher turnover.
Why ElectroNeek is the Best Option?
The RPA solutions offered to helpdesks by ElectroNeek functionally depend on customized business rules. The integrated software of ElectroNeek ensures your helpdesk avails the following capabilities:
- Automating capturing and recording incoming requests from end-users.
- Routing every issue to the right technician (based on skill-set) is available automatically.
- The software prioritizes the issues based on criteria set such as severity and the person reporting it.
- Offering tools to document successful resolutions for future reference.
- Automating workflows to deal with user onboarding efficiently.
- Noting every aspect of the user communication automatically with no errors.
- Notifying users of problem resolution or escalation in real-time
- Automation of user surveys after the problem gets resolved to understand satisfaction levels.
- Automatically generating real issues and services-related metrics to report to stakeholders.
ElectroNeek’s helpdesk RPA solutions are robust in terms of functionality and flexibility. It offers a high level of end-to-end solutions with no hurdles, making helpdesk automation seamless and cost-efficient.
RPA has the most significant potential in ensuring helpdesks function to benefit the business and offer the highest level of client satisfaction. ElectroNeek’s team offers some of the best RPA solutions in the market that other available options cannot easily match. If interested, please contact our team.