Most small and medium size businesses use legacy software that requires a lot of manual data entry or extraction tasks due to the limited integration capabilities such software typically has. It makes modern work inefficient and increases the human resource needs of business owners.
It is an outdated computing software developed decades ago. Legacy software can't be updated and fails to meet compliance standards. Businesses continue to use them for critical daily functions, as they are unable to upgrade them.
How Big is the Problem
Why do businesses still use legacy software?
High switching cost due to all current historical data sitting in this software, historical investments in integration, and processes tailored to this software’s functionality. Link to supporting information
Bots built on the ElectroNeek Platform replicate the user actions like browsing, clicking, and copy-pasting in legacy software on Graphic User Interface (GUI) level.
Advantages of the Solution:
- Quick to build
- Works in any legacy software
- Any repeatable process can be automated
- No software change is required (on the client side)
- No client-side process change - easy to adopt and minimum training required
- Flexible - easy to adjust the process in the future, if needed
Benefits For the Client
- Increased execution speed of repeatable processes
- No error due to manual data entry/extraction
- Allocate human resources to more value-add tasks
How It Works:
- The client describes the process.
- The automation expert replicates the process steps in Studio, creating a bot.
- The client launches the bot on their machine, giving control over the mouse and keyboard to the bot.
- The process is automated.
Examples of organizations that rely heavily on software use:
- Banks and credit unions
- Retail stores
- Accounting firms
- Legal firms
- Construction companies
Examples of Legacy Software Brands:
- Lotus Notes
- HCL Domino